Advertising Poem ;)

Friday, March 13, 2009 | 1 Comments

Vem mesmo a calhar para a campanha de advertising que estamos a planear.
Agora até poemas aqui coloco! ;) Tens grandes motivos de orgulho em mim M.! E versa qualquer coisa assim:

TELL ME QUICK AND TELL ME TRUE (OR ELSE MY LOVE, TO HELL WITH YOU!): 

I see that you've spent quite a big wad of dough 
To tell me things you think I should know. 
How your plant is so big, so fine and so strong; 
And your founder had whiskers so handsomely long. 

So he started the business is old '92! 
How tremendously interesting that is -- to YOU. 
He built up the thing with the blood of his life? 
(I'll run home like mad, tell that to my wife!) 

Your machinery's modern and of so complete; 
You "rep" is so flawless; your workers so neat. 
Your motto is "Quality"-- capital "Q" --“ 
No wonder I'm tired of "YOUR" and "YOU"! 

So tell me quick and tell me true 
(Or else, my love, to hell with YOU!) 
LESS - "how this product came to be"; 
MORE - what the damn thing does for me! 

Will it save me money or time or work; 
Or hike up my pay with a welcome jerk? 
What drudgery, worry, or loss will it cut? 
Can it yank me out of a personal rut? 

Perhaps it can make my appearance so swell 
That my telephone calls will wear out the bell; 
And thus it might win me a lit of fine friends --“ 
(And one never knows where such a thing ends!) 

I wonder how much it could do for my health? 
Could it show me a way to acquire some wealth? 
Better things for myself, for the kids and the wife, 
Or how to quit work somewhat early in life? 

So tell me quick and tell me true 
(Or else, my love, to hell with YOU!) 
LESS - "how this product came to be"; 
MORE - what the damn thing does for me! 

Anonymous, 1942

1 comentários:

Unknown said...

Ena! Muito bom!
Estou mesmo muito orgulhosa de ti! Um poema! :D lol
Sempre me saíste cá um romântico!

You do it your way...;)
Bjoca

About

Mei and Arawn